How to Get UNSTUCK Before 2016 Arrives
We are extremely fortunate to live in an abundant land where there are opportunities to thrive. But what happens when you stop seeing the opportunities because you feel completely stuck? You feel like you’re stuck on a hampster wheel that you want to get off.
This “stuckness” happens to all of us at some point. And sometimes it feels like no amount of faith is going to get us beyond it. We get stuck in bitterness, stuck in a plan that doesn’t work out, stuck in fear or addictive habits. Being stuck is far more common than you might think.
The great news is…
We are very adaptable human beings who, when inspired by others, find the help we need to get back to feeling blessed again.
“Most people run away from growth but there are a few who run toward it. Those who run toward it find significant change that ultimately leads to inner freedom.” ~ Kellie Frazier
When we feel angry or hurt, the story we keep telling ourselves is what keeps us prisoner, especially when we keep telling it over and over again. Until we choose a different path, we’ll keep repeating the one we’re on over and over again.
I’ll list out some of my favorite ways to get unstuck. You can use them all or experiment to see which ones work most powerfully for you, but remember one thing; until you grow through something that is wearing you out, and until you can handle it with grace and mercy – its gonna stay in your life.
A few tips to help you get unstuck…
- Pray on your knees. For many faith-based people this is a great solution to shift their body movements, which also shifts physiology. You don’t have to know the Bible to pray, you simply invite Jesus into your heart to feel his mercy and grace.
- Clear your head. Don’t allow your emotions to control you. Control your emotions! Look at it from a different vantage point. If listening to an uplifting song helps to clear your mind then do that.
- Set Your Intentions. It helps when you stand for love, for forgiveness, for good health, and go all out for it.
- Do something about it. Turn your perspective around by doing something about what you declared as your intentions.
- Read great books that inspire you. We’ve all found inspiration or motivation from someone else’s journey and reading books about successful (relative term here) people can often help us feel inspired.
- Allow yourself to take FULL responsibility. This is the only life you’ll have. Choose only the very best for your life and when you make unhealthy choices own up to them.
- Accept conditions as they exist or take responsibility to change them.
I believe there are three kinds of people in this world;
- those who create ways to make things happen because they know anything is possible
- those who sit back and watch things happen for others while wishing it were them
- and those who have no idea what just happened because they closed their eyes so they didn’t have to be responsible
Sometimes re-engaging your life means standing up and living each day as if it were your last, and sometimes it means getting real and raw with God in full humility.
Full empowerment is when you realize that these things in life are temporary inconveniences, or permanent blessings, that are there to help us grow. When you can see your circumstance as a life lesson, drawing from it what you think you’re meant to understand from it through God’s wisdom, then you’re living a life fully empowered by grace.
A few questions to ask yourself…
I recommend to all my clients that they find someone who can coach them through to the other side of being who they want to be. What does that look like? Its someone who will tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear. Someone who will risk your friendship to help you grow in truth and in love. Someone who can remind you to ask yourself a few questions like;
- What are your gifts, skills or talents?
- Who are 5 people that love you?
- What can you see that God might be teaching you from this?
Reinterpret how you see your situation. Sometimes all you really need is a shift in perspective, but sometimes you need to learn more.
Think about somebody you don’t like. See them in your minds eye and say, I forgive you unconditionally. Notice how your mind uses you. That hatred in your mind wants to keep you prisoner. I hate to break it to you, but saying you can forgive, yet you’ll not forget, is not forgiving from your heart. If you want to be forgiven, then you must forgive others for your own sake, not for theirs. That’s the example Jesus set for us, and the way life works. Practice and practice forgiveness. Its what makes you good at succeeding.
Be excited about what you have within you! Life is a gift so open your heart to the joy, the sorrows, the tragedies, the games, the mysteries, the opportunities, the journey, the promise, the beauty, the puzzles, the achievements.
I’ll never say it’ll be easy, but it is definitely worth working toward as you begin to impact others around you with inspiration. If you want to learn more ideas to keep you moving forward with motivation then join me at this link for a free webinar on letting the real you show up livestream.